Instant Recess with Melicia C. Whitt Glover Ph.D. FACSM
If you are here for the first time, click here for the tour.
This webinar is eligible for: CHES,MCHES, ACSM, CPH. Please click ‘Take Course’ to access the program and purchase your credit.
Look around you. Less than 5% of Americans meet the daily minimum activity recommendation. Over 35% of adults are obese and 17% of children. Healthcare spending has tripled since 1990 along with the size of our waistlines. A simple 10% decrease in inactivity could decrease healthcare spending by $150 million per year. Benefits of mid-day activity breaks include:
- Appetite Weight blood pressure waistline
- Precent of body fat
- Fatigue and drowsiness
- Stress and anxiety
- Harmful effects of prolonged sitting
- Urge to smoke
- Self-esteem self-efficacy
- Energy levels and alertness
- Sleep quality and duration
- Mood calmness and relaxation
- Speed and accuracy of data-entry
- Engagement of inactive individuals
- Fruit and vegetable intake
- Water consumption
- Overall physical activity (Including outside of work)
- Supportive work environment
Instant Recess is a MOVEment of ACTIVE-ists dedicated to making America healthier 10 minutes at a time. By introducing brief activity breaks in the middle of the day we can make activity the norm.
- NCHEC ID pending
- Evals 1
- Duration 1
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 2
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Self
For more information on this topic:
You must complete the evaluation in order to receive full credit.
- Eval 1.1 Instant Recess with Melicia C. Whitt Glover Ph.D. FACSM Locked