Health for Every Body
If you are here for the first time, click here for the tour.
“Weight loss money is money down the toilet” – Dee Edington Here’s an alternative…Health At Every Size (HAES) The underlying goal of traditional approaches to weight and health is for individuals to be smaller (i.e., lose weight). Little evidence exists supporting the efficacy of such approaches and concern is mounting that they may be violating the primary health care directive of “first, do no harm.” The basic conceptual framework of the HAES philosophy includes belief in:
- The naturally existing diversity in body shapes and sizes.
- The ineffectiveness and dangers of dieting for weight loss.
- The importance of relaxed eating in response to internal body cues.
- The critical contribution of social, emotional, spiritual, and physical factors to health and happiness.
Health For Every Body: At The Worksite
Incorporating the latest research, this webinar will explore the social, political, economic and scientific foundations of the War on Obesity. The philosophical and scientific basis of an alternative, evidence-based approach for helping people with weight- and eating-related concerns to improve their self-care, self esteem and health will be introduced. An example for worksite programming will be introduced.
- NCHEC ID 19151
- Evals 1
- Duration 1 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 4
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Self
For more information on this topic:
You must complete the evaluation in order to receive full credit.
- Eval 1.1 Health for Every Body with Jon Robison Locked