Games for Health with Tom Baranowski Ph.D.
If you are here for the first time, click here for the tour.
This webinar is eligible for: CHES,MCHES, ACSM, CPH. Please click ‘Take Course’ to access the program and purchase your credit.
Games For Health
Games are an innovative medium for delivering health education or involving participants in the actual health behaviors (e.g. exergames). Games have been developed for a broad variety of health concerns and have been demonstrated to facilitate change to a healthier dietary intake increased physical activity enhanced rehabilitation outcomes increased compliance with cancer and diabetes regimens enhanced training for conducting medical procedures among a variety of other outcomes. We are in the earliest stages of designing video games for health outcomes but early results are promising.
Participants in this webinar will be able to report that:
- Video games have been shown to change diet and physical activity increase compliance with medical regimens reduce stress among a variety of other health outcomes.
- Video games often engage participants through story lines into which behavior change procedures can be inserted but fun and enjoyment are the key factors maintaining participation.
- What constitutes fun and enjoyment is not clear.
- Extensive research is needed to better understand how and how much change can be due to video games.
- NCHEC ID pending
- Evals 1
- Duration 1 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 2
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Self
For more information on this topic:
Escape From Diab For more information on Escape from Diab visit http://www.archimage.com/portfolio-screeningroom-escapefromdiab.cfm
For more information on Nanoswarm please visit http://www.archimage.com/portfolio-screeningroom-nanoswarm.cfm
For Further Reading:
You must complete the evaluation in order to receive full credit.
- Eval 1.1 Games for Health with Tom Baranowski Ph.D. Locked